The solar system (simplified version without all the comet gizmos and whatnot).
Pluto is a planet. He’s my bro.
Pluto is not a planet, he is nobody’s bro
Shit get me so heated when people say “pluto is a planet bc i say so boohoo”. It’s like saying a chimp is a human because they share some similarities.
Pluto may have two of the characteristics required of a planet, the orbiting a star and being crushed to a spherical shape under it’s own gravity but
1. It hasn’t cleared it’s orbit - it has to be gravitationally dominant, whereas its orbit is quite untidy
2. It has a highly elliptical and eccentric orbit compared to the other planets
3. ERIS IS BIGGER.
4. SOME MOONS IN THE SOLAR SYSTEM ARE BIGGER - SUCH AS GANYMEDE.
5. SOME KUIPER BELT OBJECTS ARE LARGER
6. OUR OWN MOON IS EVEN BIGGER.
we have to draw a line somewhere, deal guys, it’s science.